Friday, January 23, 2009

Make it home

Sledding with Dani & Milena

Winter, winter, winter.. As much as I was dreading this winter, it has been pretty great really. For the past week, Oskar & I have gotten out of the house everyday- woohoo! The best part is that we've been with other people too. It is amazing what a few hours of companionship can do:) My dear friend Dani and her baby Milena live about a block away so we get together with them at least twice a week. My other friend Gracie also lives very close and she picks Oskar & I up several times a week to get out with her & Parker. We are so thankful for these friends and there generosity toward us. It is still lonely being so far from family and friends, but I feel like I'm finally letting myself really dig in here. It took me a year & a half but I finally realized my need to be fully present wherever we live- even if I know it's temporary. So if you're reading this and find yourself in a "temporary" living situation - don't hold back! make it home- it may be the last home you ever know! 

3 comments:

studioGypsy said...

i'm with you, girl. so glad to hear you digging in and finding some souls to bond with. loveyou. praying for yous. big hugaroos. xoxo~L

Laffin's said...

I am glad you are making good friendships. Cute picture by the way

Davin Youngs said...

um update much?


David & Jonathan- Critical Mass Chicago

visiting the Kochs before we move to NY and they move to California:(

D's B-day, June- 6 mos pregnant!

phone fun

First solo show- January 2007